To test requirements and functionality that have not yet been implemented.
An experimenter-in-the-loop prototyping technique in a laboratory setting, simulating the behaviour of a theoretical intelligent computer application.
in a controlled environment (for instance a laboratory)
1. Select an idea/concept that will be tested. Create the necessary images, videos, animations and elements to do the test.
2. Recruit participants for the test and organize a location make sure the prototype works. Assign a person as wizard.
3. The wizard hides from view and observes the users actions while making the system react to those actions by triggering the different responses the system should give at that moment in the interaction.
4. Take notes of what works and what does not work while doing the test.
5. Ask participants about their impression of the system and the design. Take notes.
needs skilled Wizard